After the successful launch of the inaugural ACC Advocacy Academy in 2023, we are excited to announce the nomination window for the Class of 2024 is now open!
The Advocacy Academy is designed to provide ACC member company employees with an education in advocacy, including high-quality speakers, professional networking, and opportunities to engage with elected officials at home and in Washington D.C.
The business of chemistry has a tremendous story to tell and there are no better advocates to tell that story than the employees of chemistry.
Below you will find more information that will help you decide on the best employees to nominate for the program on our “Frequently Asked Questions” document.
Nominations can only be submitted by the ACC executive contact or executive advisor. Each company is allowed a maximum of two nominations for the 2024 Class.
What to Expect:
- Selected participants will learn from leading experts on grassroots advocacy tactics, communicating the science, and develop as leaders within their organizations.
- The six-month program, 1 virtual meeting each month on the third Thursday of each month (with the exception of the kickoff hybrid session) along with a semester-long advocacy related project.
- The program concludes with a visit to Washington, D.C. for a “Congressional Fly-In” and graduation ceremony where participants will have the opportunity to meet with elected officials to discuss industry issues.
What is new for 2024?
- The 2024 Advocacy Academy will kickoff in Houston, TX for a half-day seminar and networking opportunity. While in-person participation is encouraged, there will be a virtual option available for participants unable to attend.
- This class will feature a semester-long advocacy related project, chosen by the participant in collaboration with the participant’s corporate government affairs team based on their individual needs. For participants without a government affairs team, any necessary support will be offered by ACC staff.
- Participants will receive additional resources, connections, and exposure to elected officials and leaders within the industry to support their growth as industry advocates.
What did past participants have to say?
- “This program exceeded my expectations. I really enjoyed the opportunity, all of the training and interactions. Most of all, I’m more confident on how I can share my knowledge, vision and experience to continue to help industry on the local, state, and national levels.“
- “I thought the program was well-constructed and thoughtfully executed. I appreciate the work the ACC did to create a high-quality and impactful program.”
- “I would like to thank the ACC for this really great experience and opportunity. This has helped to jumpstart our government affairs program internally and was a very useful academy.“
- February 16, 2024 – Nomination Window Closes
- March 1, 2024 – Selected Participants Notified
- March 15, 2024 – Participants’ Registration Deadline
- April 25, 2024 – ACC Advocacy Academy Kickoff Event in Houston, TX (Virtual Option Available)