The American Chemistry Council is excited to announce the inaugural ACC Advocacy Academy for our members coming in 2023.
The Advocacy Academy is designed to provide ACC member company employees with an education in advocacy, including high-quality speakers, professional networking, and opportunities to engage with elected officials at home and in Washington D.C.
The business of chemistry has a tremendous story to tell and there are no better advocates to tell that story than the employees of chemistry.
Below you will find more information that will help you decide on the best employees to nominate for this new program.
Nominations can only be submitted by the ACC executive contact or executive advisor
What to Expect:
- Selected participants will learn from leading experts on grassroots advocacy tactics, communicating the science, and develop as leaders within their organizations.
- The six-month program, 1 virtual meeting each month on the third Thursday of each month with short advocacy exercises to supplement each topic.
- The program concludes with a visit to Washington, D.C. for a “Congressional Fly-In” and graduation ceremony where participants will have the opportunity to meet with elected officials to discuss industry issues.
- February 16, 2023 – Nomination Window Closes
- March 1, 2023 – Accepted Participants Notified
- March 15, 2023 – Participants’ Registration Deadline
- April 23, 2023 – ACC Advocacy Academy Begins