Chemistry Advocates, welcome to your August newsletter! With an infrastructure bill headed to the U.S. House and questions about the delta variant coming back into play, we’re excited to recap the latest for this month and preview what’s to come.
FIRST THINGS FIRST.. ACC August is halfway through and we are on the road with elected officials to visit our member companies. We’ve set up a recap page for you to learn about our latest visits, see photos, and more.
Where we’ve been so far..
- AdvanSix in Philadelphia, PA with Rep. Brendan Boyle
- Ingevity in Covington, VA with Rep. Morgan Griffith
- Arkema in Birdsboro, PA with Rep. Chrissy Houlahan
- Carus Corporation in Peru, IL with Rep. Adam Kinzinger
- Nova Chemicals in Geismar, LA with Rep. Garret Graves
- Celanese in Enoree, SC with Rep. William Timmons
Arkema in Grand Rapids, MI with Rep. Peter Meijer
HIGHLIGHTING CHEMISTRY AT WORK..
Our team plans to connect with nearly 20 member companies and their elected officials across the month of August to showcase facilities and highlight important issues for the chemistry industry. See Collin Brecher break down the importance of ACC’s Council of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (CSMEs) during his recent trip to Carus Corporation in Peru, IL:
We started ACC August as a way of highlighting the important, often behind-the-scenes great work our member companies do for their communities and the country as a whole. Pictured are Nouryon visits from August 2019. NOURYON not only produces essential chemistries for things like vaccines and cleaning supplies, they also created a helpful breakdown of just how impactful our industry has been in keeping people healthy during COVID. See their breakdown here.
INTRODUCING.. a Circular Economy
Plastic is a critical component in our lives, and is set to play a big part in modernizing our nation’s infrastructure to be more sustainable, efficient, and accessible. That said, the issue of plastic waste must be addressed.
Learn the 5 Actions Congress can take toward a Circular Economy:
Connect with Chemistry
- U.S. Chemical Production Rebound Continues in June
- U.S. Specialty Chemical Markets End Second Quarter on a Solid Note
- PFAS Action Act Takes a Misguided Approach to Chemical Regulation
- CPI Announces Keynote Speaker for 2021 Polyurethanes Technical Conference
- Plastic Makers Outline 5 Actions Congress Can Take To Advance Circular Economy, End Plastic Waste
- Louisiana Becomes 14th State to Support Reduction of Plastic Waste Through Advanced Recycling