Welcome to #ACCAugust22! This year marks 8 years of the ChemistryMatters team bringing legislators from Washington to their home districts to meet with their constituents that work every day to make critical strides in the #BusinessofChemistry.
On the Road Again..
This August, several members of Congress have been joining us at sites across the nation to learn more about the industry and the important impact that the business of chemistry has on each state.
- Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks at Wacker, LyondellBasell, and DuPont
- PA Rep. Valerie Gaydos at Covestro (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Rep. Bob Latta at BASF (Elyria, OH)
- GA State Rep. Matt Dubnik and Rep. Andrew Clyde at PPG
Click here to follow along with Plant Tours!
Educate Yourself on the Impact of Chemistry
Did you know that ChemistryMatters.com features an interactive map where you can see the impact of chemistry on your state or even your congressional district?
Learn more by clicking below!
Engage with #ACCAugust22 on social media!
Help us give chemistry a voice in Washington during #ACCAugust!
Follow us on Twitter at @AmChemMatters and Facebook @AmericanChemistry.
Retweet our stories or share your own using the hashtags #ChemistryMatters and #ACCAugust22!
Click here to visit our site to learn more.
Honoring Safety Strides during #SafeandSoundWeek
It’s Safe and Sound Week. How are companies leading the way on safety?
In 2016, Afton Chemical Corporation launched a three-year initiative to overhaul its hazard communication data and associated databases for all of the products it manufactures, with a goal of providing customers, emergency responders, employees and other stakeholders access to current, robust product safety information on its products.
The result? By transparently providing hazard information and environmental, health and safety data for the products it manufactures, Afton’s customers can more fully assess risks and understand how to use its products safely.
Connect with Chemistry
- Weekly Chemistry and Economic Trends (August 12, 2022)
- Safe + Sound Week Highlights Importance of Establishing and Implementing Workplace Safety and Health Programs
- CHIPS and Science Act Will Help Boost U.S. Manufacturing and Chemical Supply Chain
- ACC Publishes 2022 Guide to the Business of Chemistry
- Manufacturing Groups Applaud Passage of Water Resources Development Act
- 8 Years of #ACCAugust!
- Who Decides What’s Sustainable?
- U.S. Chemical Production Fell Slightly in June
- U.S. Chemicals Industry Testifies Before USITC On Continued Harm Caused By Section 301 Tariffs
- The Future of STEM Scholars Initiative Welcomes 144 New Scholars in 2022